A.V.E.M. was established on Murano Island in 1932. As the designers, Emilio Nazon, Erdo Nazon, and others pushed for a modern and innovative 20th century style.
Although Avem Studio is now closed, being the birthplace of several renowned works by the famous maestros until the 1980s, it is acknowledged as a prestigious studio. As the number of workshops that can reproduce such fine and vivid Murrine (mosaic) and elegant lace glass falls every year, the remaining vintage masterpieces at Avem Studio become increasingly rare.